I've been lax in updating my blog here with the progress. Between the novel and a newborn baby at home, my free time is shot. So I'm going to start posting more often, but just small status updates or tasty wisdom-nuggets.
- Started writing in November 2008
- Finished first draft (122,000 words) in February 2009
- Finished second draft (124,000 words) in October 2009
- Hired Mike from writanon.com to provide editing services (best decision I've made?)
- Currently Mike has provided high-level feedback on the plot, characters, and setting. Chapter by chapter. Wonderful insight, I couldn't be happier.
- I've returned to him edits to part 1, and I've started working on the rest.
- Meanwhile, Mike has started detailed proofreading of part 1.
Tools-wise, the only change has been moving from my beloved Scrivener to MS-Word. Word has better change-tracking features, and it's a file format Mike and I can exchange easily.